Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

Yesterday was a good day. We started out the day at 10 am at the zoo with Josh's family. (Josh's parents have a grandparents annual pass so they get us all in free). Nana bought Aidan a hat:

We were able to watch a show with the elephants doing tricks. It was so cool, I especially loved when the baby elephant stood on his trunk and front feet with the back feet in the air!
Aidan was very brave and went down the slide by himself (at the new little splash pad they have there). This slide goes through a tunnel in a lighthouse structure. He would have stayed there all day if he could have. We ended the day at the zoo with lunch in the cafeteria with the family before they had to leave. We stayed a little bit later because Aidan wanted to go on the slide again. Josh took him down there while I stayed close to the cafeteria (I was so sore from walking around) with Lucas. Aidan went down the slide a total of 10 times this time. Josh was counting them and after 10, Aidan wanted to go 2 more! Josh somehow got him away though.
We then went around 5 pm to go visit my Grandpa Rigby's grave. I haven't been back there since the funeral and I just really wanted to go. I got a few nice pictures with me and the kids by the headstone:




We ended the day down in Orem at Noodles&Company where Aidan got a free bowl of mac and cheese because we had bought an adult entree.

No comments:

Post a Comment