My original due date was August 20th. When I went to my last doctor's appointment (August 7th), he told me that he could induce me in a week if I wanted to. I told him YES! because I was SO DONE BEING PREGNANT!
That morning, I called the hospital at 6 am to see if they were ready for me. They told me that they were busy at that point and to call back at 8 am. I call back at 8 and they told me they were short staffed, but trying to get another nurse in. They told me they would call me when they found someone and could then take me. Josh came back from somewhat of a "third interview" for a new job at about 8:30. When he got home, he had the thought that since we were playing the waiting game, we could play it over at his mom's house since she would be watching the boys for us anyway. Josh had just told Aidan to get his shoes on to go in the car and the hospital calls right then and asks me to come in.
Since we needed to get there, we just loaded the boys in our car and would meet Linda there for her to take them. We got there just a few minutes from the time we told the hospital we'd be there, so I went up to labor and delivery while Josh waited to hand the boys off.
The nurse they had to bring in turned out to be the nurse that would be with me in the labor room. We got me started on the pitocin and decided to give me a higher dosage than others (we think because they wanted things to move along and they thought if they didn't give me a higher dose, that it wouldn't move along quickly).
Long story short (haha) I started having some contractions about 10 minutes after getting the pitocin. I had my water broken by someone and there was a LOT of liquid, more that they have seen lately! The anesthesiologist had 2 scheduled c-sections that he needed to give epidurals to starting at noon and he got to my room about 5 minutes before noon to get mine started. He had just marked my back as to where things would go and I just started to feel intense pressure and I just started SCREAMING! I was screaming so loud that I wasn't really hearing anything anyone was saying until the nurse got right in my face and said "Sarah, what are you feeling?!" and I said something like "I think she's coming". (obviously from my screaming I don't remember what I said)
They had about 3 people move me to lying on the bed and the nurse checked me and said "she's right there!". My doctor was nowhere to be seen and all of a sudden there is another doctor there telling me to push. The whole time I was pushing, I was just screaming (I didn't stop screaming until she was out)
Melody Paige Bowe was born at 12:17 pm on August 14th!
My mom and dad got there as I was being stitched up. My doctor finally showed up and said "I didn't even know you were here!" (The nurse I had tried to page him around 11:15, but he obviously never got the page.)
First day out
The next morning after a feeding
going home with dad, mom, Aidan, and Lucas
Sunday sleeping the day away




No comments:
Post a Comment