Yesterday was Kendra's funeral up in Pocatello.
Josh's parents drove Aidan and Lucas up with them (and Josh's cello) so that Josh and I just had to take Melody in our Cobalt to save on gas.
We drove through some nasty air quality. This was about Ogden:
This was around Brigham City:

At one point on the drive, I hopped in the back to feed Melody. Then I started to sing to her and this picture is while I was singing.
This was somewhere in Idaho on the way back home. This time it was fog instead of smog. It was coming up through the mountains:
Josh and his mom played a musical number for the service. It was "Our Savior's Love", it was very beautiful.
Emily (Kendra's mom) and DeAnn (Emily's mom) sang a beautiful song called All of Me by Matt Hammitt.
Emily (Kendra's mom) and DeAnn (Emily's mom) sang a beautiful song called All of Me by Matt Hammitt.
The opening song for the service was "I Am A Child of God". I found myself unable to sing the last verse "I am a child of God, rich blessings are in store, If I but learn to do His will, I'll live with him once more". I was so overcome with the Spirit and was crying too hard! I am a little embarrassed to admit, but this is probably the first time that I have had an experience that made me say "I KNOW this church is true". In a way I've always known, but it has never been witnessed to me so strongly!
I am so grateful for the Gospel and all the blessings that it brings us. I KNOW that families are forever and I KNOW that we will see Kendra again!
Linda said it great when she posted on her blog....Most of us came to this Earth to learn and to be tested. Not Kendra. She came here to be a teacher; our teacher.
I will be forever grateful for the lesson that she had taught me. I can now say for sure that the gospel is true!






No comments:
Post a Comment