Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9/19/2010 Aidan's birth

I've seen some mom's post how the delivery and everything went, so thought I would share the same thing.

Well, Saturday had been a pretty bad day for me. I had tripped on my bedroom door frame around 6 pm and hurt my left toes pretty bad (had to ice them and everything). So I thought I was pretty much laid up for the night. I was also thinking this baby would be here later than his due date and I was just feeling miserable.

Well, I needed to go to the bathroom around 8 pm and noticed a drop of blood in my underwear. I starting freaking out and calling Josh to look at it because I knew seeing blood this late in the pregnancy wasn't good. He looked at it and said, "that looks very little to even worry about, everything that I have read says that if it's more than 2 teaspoons then you need to worry." So I decided to forget about it and we started watching TV.

Around 8:30, I started to get really bad pains, not like anything I had felt the whole pregnancy. I knew this had to be labor contractions. Josh took me upstairs to bed and we started timing them. The first 2 were 10 minutes apart and after that they were all 5 minutes apart and really bad. Josh then said, "fake contractions or real, I want to get you to the hospital!" (smart man)

We got to the hospital and they checked me out and I was at 2 and 1/2 cm. The nurse told me they would check in another hour to see if I needed to stay or not. ONE HOUR LATER, I was already to a 5!

So I got admitted around 9:30ish to Riverton Hospital. My parents arrived around that time and I remember once (even though Josh was there holding my hand) calling out "mommy I need you" to my mom because I thought I just couldn't take it anymore. As soon as they said I could get an epidural, I did. I can not see how any sane women could do it natural, those contractions are a beast!

Aidan arrived at 1:43 am Sunday, September 19. He was 9 lbs and 8 ounces (BIG BABY) and 21 and a half inches long. I actually tore all the way through (everything happened so fast, they didn't have time to do an episiodomy). It took me an hour to get stitched up (my doc was pretty much yelling at the nurses and had them call their director at home because he needed a certain tool to help stitch me up and they didn't know where it was) That was a pretty painful hour.

I am happy to finally have my boy here, I have wanted to be a mom for so long! (I am kind of cranky right now because Aidan has jaundice and is on lights and I hardly get to hold him....plus it's a big emotional thing for me)

I know everything will eventually work out though. I love you Aidan Joshua Bowe!

2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable. What a good husband taking you, sometimes they know what is better for us then we do, haha. Hang in there the jaundice wont last for ever. at least he is home! enjoy every moment and get some rest when you can!

    ReplyDelete