Thursday, March 26, 2009

back to apartment life

Well, Josh's parents are back from England and we are back in our own little apartment. It was fun taking care of a big house for a week. For some reason I felt really domestic over there. I swear I did dishes and laundry more times in that week than I have to do at home in a week! (Of course I have to note that it was ME who did the domestic stuff-Josh didn't help much in that way). I even cooked a few different meals.

Now for those of you that know, I am allergic to cats. So I thought it was going to be so hard having to deal with Oliver in the house with me for a week. I only had to take a benadryl one day. So that was nice! But------Oliver bugged me in other ways. Down in the basement, he had plenty of water. That wasn't good enough for him. EVERYTIME I had to go into the bathroom (to do my business or even just to change out of my contacts), he would scare me half to death by jumping up on the sink to BEG me for FRESH water! GGRRRRRRR!!! LOL! I finally remembered that if I didn't want him doing that every time, I just had to get the water bottle and squirt the cat! It got to the point where I just had to point it at him and he'd run. Needless to say, I had fun when I got to squirt him. :)

4 comments:

  1. I am like you when it comes to cats. They are all soft and furry and some of them are snuggly, but they just make me itch and sneeze. Too much bother for me. I am impressed that you only had to drug yourself once. What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for squirting cats! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I got a mental image of the cat jumping out and scaring you half to death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a stupid cat. everyone says so

    ReplyDelete